As Family Doctors and General Pediatricians you are uniquely placed to advocate the seasonal flu vaccine to families but 65+ and at risk groups too.
By the very nature of your practice you are in touch with all family members and it’s therefore critical that you speak to all on the dangers of influenza and the need to be vaccinated.
With this in mind EIP are partnering with mdBriefcase Group to offer you a free accredited online continuing professional development (CPD) program. Registration and participation is completely FREE!
As people are living longer than ever before, 65 is no longer regarded as particularly “old” and people might disregard the increasing importance of getting their ‘flu vaccine’ after age 65. Be prepared for the upcoming flu season and learn effective messaging to convey the importance of influenza vaccinations with older adults.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe the burden of influenza in adults 65+
- List and differentiate the vaccine options available for older adults
- Address why influenza vaccines developed for older adults offer an advantage
- Effectively counsel older patients about the importance of seasonal influenza vaccination
This programme was created for physicians in collaboration with:
- George Kassianos, FRCGP, FBIHS, FESC, FBGTHA, FAcadMEd, FFTM RCPS Glasg
- Roger Henderson, MBBS, LMSSA
- Pauline MacDonald, ARRC, SRN, BSc (Hons), MSc
This programme is accredited by the RCGP for its quality and relevance for GP’s CPD. RCN Accredited to 18/09/2018 - Accreditation applies only to educational content and not to any product.